Oreo Truffles Dessert
1 (15.25) oz. package Oreos (any flavor, double stuffed or regular both work)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
12 oz. white melting chocolate- (Not chocolate chips, but high quality melting chocolate- I used Baker’s bars)
6 oz. semisweet melting chocolate for topping (Or sprinkles, or Oreo crumbles)
- Place the Oreos in a food processor and blend until fine crumbs are formed.
- Mix in the cream cheese until a sticky dough has formed.
- Roll about 1- 1 ½ tablespoons of dough into a ball and set aside on a plate or in a container that you can fit in the freezer. Freeze the balls for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the white melting chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted.
- Dipping the Oreo Balls:
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper. Remove Oreo balls from the freezer. Drop them into the chocolate and roll them around carefully with a fork.
- There is likely one part that is flatter, which was the bottom of the ball when it sat in the freezer. Slide the fork underneath the flatter part and lift. Slide the bottom of the fork across the edge of the bowl to let the excess chocolate drip off, then set it on top of the wax paper.
- The chocolate sets pretty quickly from there. Once you’ve dipped them all, refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to set.
- Topping the truffles: Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time.
- Dip a fork into the melted chocolate and drizzle it over the Oreo balls. You may make a mess, but that’s part of the fun!
- You can also top them with sprinkles or Oreo crumbs right after they’ve been dipped.
this article and recipe adapted from this site