CRISPY CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE
2 large chicken breasts butterflied
Reynolds Kitchens Quick Cut Plastic Wrap
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
8 ounces mozzarella cheese sliced
spaghetti pasta and crusty bread for serving
26 ounces 1 jar Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise (butterfly), creating 4 chicken cutlets
- Place chicken on a smooth flat surface between two layers of the Reynolds Kitchens Quick Cut Plastic Wrap and pound to even thickness, about 1/4-1/2 inch.
- Season each chicken cutlet with salt and pepper on both sides
- Whisk two eggs in a small shallow bowl, and mix together the breadcrumbs, panko, and 3/4 cup parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Dredge the chicken in eggs and then in the parmesan mixture. Add each cutlet to the oil/garlic mixture, leaving a bit of space in between.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until chicken is almost completely cooked through. Add more olive oil if needed. Remove chicken. Turn off the heat.
- Add half the jar of sauce to the bottom of the skillet, stirring to add in the brown bits and garlic
- Add the chicken back into the skillet, on top of the sauce. Top with an additional spoonful of sauce per chicken, and then top with 2 slices of cheese per chicken, the remaining grated parmesan, and sliced basil.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and beginning to bubble
- Serve over spaghetti and enjoy!
this article and recipe adapted from this site